When things are hard or impossible, it helps to think about the things you are thankful for.
So they say.
Sure, there are many things I am thankful for. My kids are healthy, I have a great husband and family and friends, I live in a country where I have access to health care and freedom from oppression and war.
There are many things I want to be thankful for that haven’t happened yet. I imagine a future, a place where I am thankful for much much more. Perhaps I am being greedy. Or, maybe it’s just being optimistic.
1. someone to cure Cancer.
2. someone to invent fat-free cheese that doesn’t taste like my hubby’s favourite tie.
3. aliens to come to Earth and threaten to enslave all of humanity so we can finally come together as a species and kick their ass.
4. to meet some of my Twitter/Bloggy besties and drink copious amounts of wine with them.
5. my children to grow up in a world where people love and respect each other and the planet we live in.
6. my feelings to fade a little farther beneath the surface so I can be stronger when I need to be.
7. to see a double rainbow.
8. people to stop killing/hating each other because they have a different colour of skin or believe in a different variant of God.
9. to write her novel.
10. momma wants you all to think about what you are thankful for and imagine your own ideal future.
The human brain is a powerful thing. The more we imagine things, the more likely they are to come true.